About the Project
Quality Care Requires a Quality Facility
The Solana Beach Senior Care Project is an assisted-living facility proposed for 2.91 acres on Genevieve Street just east of Interstate 5. As a state-licensed residential care facility for the elderly, the Solana Beach Senior Care Project would be built for 99 beds and provide residents with housekeeping, meals, laundry, transportation, entertainment and other forms of non-medical assistance. The Solana Beach Senior Care Project would be the first residential center in the city equipped with dedicated facilities for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Did You Know?
- Solana Beach’s population is aging.
- Many residents have aging parents, too.
- Solana Beach is home to just one assisted-living facility, with 105 beds.
- Solana Beach has no memory care service.
- Solana Beach has very little vacant land where assisted-living facilities could be built to meet local needs.
- The Solana Beach Senior Care Project would provide high-quality assisted living for Solana Beach families so residents and their loved ones could gain access to quality care that is close to home.
Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan Initiative
Should the freeway-side location be designated as a site for a senior home? That’s a question for the voters. The Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan Initiative is a ballot measure that follows the process set forth by Proposition T, which requires a public vote to adopt a Specific Plan. In this case, the Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan would apply to a single, vacant property at 959 Genevieve St. The Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan envisions a 99-bed assisted living facility at the Genevieve site. While the question facing voters is strictly one of land-use, the public is welcome to review building and site plans, renderings and environmental studies for the proposed facility. If voters approve the specific plan, the public would then be invited to participate in community workshops and other meetings as plans for the facility follow the city’s permit review process.
About the Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan
The Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan envisions a two-story building that would run parallel to northbound Interstate 5. The plan includes a generous amount of open-space along the Marine View Avenue frontage. The Specific Plan would allow for increased floor-area ratios in order to provide for larger bedrooms and common spaces and other amenities that Solana Beach residents would want for themselves and their loved ones.
What You Can Do
- Please support the Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan petition, initiative and project!
- Visit this Web site often to stay up to date.
- Register your e-mail address to receive notifications about public workshops and other events.
- Call or e-mail us with your questions or requests to meet.